Tercept’s User Privacy & Data Security Policy
Tercept understands a User’s need for privacy, especially online. ‘User’ means visitor to an advertiser’s desktop or mobile website or mobile application. This policy describes Tercept’s commitment to protect the privacy and data security of the User.
Tercept does not collect any personally identifiable information. Any information collected by us is completely anonymous and cannot be traced back to any specific indivisual. We do not share, sell, rent or trade any user specific information with third parties external to Tercept.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
– Users can visit our site anonymously.
– Can change your personal information:
By logging in to your account
– How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
– Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle that requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
– Send information; respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
– Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
– Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
– Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
– Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
– Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
– Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
– Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Data Security User data security is paramount to Tercept
– We have secure systems to encrypt the transmission of User information from the websites or mobile applications to Tercept servers.
– We have safeguards in place to ensure that all the information collected and stored by Tercept is safe from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
– We review the data security measures on a regular basis.
– We will not share User information with organizations or individuals external to Tercept unless it is essential to meet,
– Applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental request.
– Enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations.
– Detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues.
– Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Tercept, Users or the public as required or permitted by law.
How do we communicate the updates to the policy?
Tercept make no representations and warranties about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, lack of viruses or other harmful components and accuracy of the information, software, products, services and related graphics contained within the Tercept system / site for any purpose. All such information, systems, services and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. Tercept hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products, services and related graphics, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose. Tercept does not control the privacy policies, content or cookies of the advertiser or publisher websites.